Paradies Lagardère Wins Concessions Awards at Salt Lake City International Airport
The best of the region will be available to travelers through several unique concepts; powerhouse brands featured
Atlanta, December 19th, 2018 – Paradies Lagardère, the travel retail and restaurateur leader in North America, was awarded four concessions packages at Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Paradies Lagardère carefully considered the airport’s objectives and goals to create winning proposals. SLC is in the middle of a renaissance, a $3.6 billion airport redevelopment program set to be complete in 2024. These exciting new concepts will give travelers a sense of place, celebrate the region and all it offers, and address basic traveler and airport employee needs.
“Paradies Lagardère is thrilled at the opportunity to continue its long-standing relationship with SLC, and work with the airport as it moves into a new phase. We’re confident that the retail program Paradies Lagardère has put together for The New SLC will offer travelers an enhanced customer experience unlike any other,” said Gregg Paradies, president and CEO, Paradies Lagardère. “We’re not only offering several proprietary concepts and popular brands for travelers to enjoy, but we’re incorporating innovation and technology into these offerings that will make purchases more convenient for travelers, and provide an enhanced customer experience.”
Paradies Lagardère designed several concepts specifically for SLC and its traveler demographics several proprietary and powerhouse brands:
- TripAdvisor® will serve busy SLC travelers with travel essentials, snacks, newspapers and magazines, and HBA items. The TripAdvisor concept at SLC will feature curated book selections from one of Utah’s favorite and most trusted booksellers, King’s English Bookshop. Paradies Lagardère has weaved in several innovative technologies too, with a touchscreen that allows travelers to research Salt Lake City and the surrounding area, and Flowbox by KENDU, a new generation LED display that combines textile images with motion effects and dynamic animation.
- Johnston & Murphy, a desirable lifestyle brand, offers modern classic apparel and accessories for men and women.
- A newly-imagined CNBC featuring a modern and bold design that heralds the next generation of Travel Essential concepts to greet SLC travelers. The store will offer travel basics and local vendor gifts and food items. CNBC will also feature book selections from King’s English Bookshop.
- Always head of the digital lifestyle curve, iStore offers a wide selection of the latest brand names and fashionable mobile solutions to enhance your digital life, including tablets, fitness bands, relevant mobile accessories, computers accessories, cell phones/smart phones and accessories, noise-canceling and wireless headphones, speakers, digital cameras and accessories and related items.
- An award-winning local station, KSL is well-known and trusted in the Salt Lake City area. The KSL concept will offer ongoing news and television programming from KSL’s virtual services, as well as snacks, beverages, and travel essentials.
- Liberty Park Market with Hip & Humble developed by Paradies Lagardère specifically for Salt Lake City International Airport is a celebration of one of the city’s most beloved and largest parks. Travelers will have a number of options for newspapers, magazines, books, health and beauty aids, snacks, and cold beverages. The concept will also provide Hip & Humble merchandise including fashion accessories, such as sunglasses, jewelry, watches, scarves, and socks. Local vendor Hip & Humble will also have its own store for travelers to visit!
- In more than 300 locations across 11 western states, Maverik is widely known and loved for the quality of its offerings, value, and excellent customer service. The SLC concept will offer travel essentials, electronics, and regional and gourmet items from such favorites as Julie Ann Caramels, Choosy Chocolates, Cox Honeyland, Cornaby’s, Specialty Foods, and Lucky Spoon Bakery.
- Popular in airports across North America, Paradies Lagardère’s No Boundaries will provide the best names in outdoor apparel and accessories, as well as a creating shop-in-shop within the store highlighting KÜHL® and Cotopaxi.
- Visit Salt Lake will be re-imagined, with new lighting, fixtures and a sleek new design. Travelers will be able to purchase high-quality souvenirs and gifts, snacks, beverages, reading materials, travel essentials, and HBA items.
- InMotion’s merchandise, store design and service mode are tailored to the traveling public. The concept will provide electronics from brands such as Sennheiser, Apple and Sony. The store’s staff is industry-renowned for its knowledge of electronics and customer service.
The concepts will also allow customers the convenience of easy pay options such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Mobile POS.